cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Disclaimer
JUMPCLOUD EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, AND LIABILITIES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE, SCRIPTS, REPOSITORIES, AND APIS. JUMPCLOUD IS NOT REQUIRED TO SUPPORT ANY SUCH THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS AND ALL RISKS RELATED TO THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. PLEASE ALSO REVIEW THE JUMPCLOUD TOS.

[Python] SSSIP - Self Service Software Installation Portal (RC 1)

JuergenKlaassen
Rising Star III
Rising Star III

Hello

Last week I shared the experimental version of SSSIP here.

In the meantime I found some time to make improvements and updates leading to a Release Candidate 1 (RC1). 

SSSIP RC1 logo.png

The following changes and improvements were made:

1. The application has a whitelist for applications now. Only app-ID's listed in the config will be displayed for selection to the user. 
  2. Secrets like API-key and OIDC config have moved to the .env-File
  3. The list of device is populated first and the device with the most recent 'last contact' is pre-selected
  4. Depending on the Operating System, the applications will be filtered. Meaning, you won't see a Mac-Application if your device is based on Windows etc. 
  5. Some UI changes to make the experience more pleasant and smoother

Screen Recording 2023-11-09 at 18.08.09.gif

Besides that, everything is the same as described in the first article (linked above). 

Zipped file of the RC1 on my GitHub here.

What's next:
I don't plan any major changes now, but I will find some easy hosting options for you guys and then I'll write about it. 

Cheers
-Juergen

0 REPLIES 0