cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Windows MDM - Enroll Devices using MDM Deep Link

anuradhaonline
Novitiate II

Is it possible to enroll a device using the built in MDM deep link feature in Windows?

I tried to enroll the device by sending the URL (ms-device-enrollment:?mode=mdm&username=JumpCloud@agent.enrolled&servername=https://xxxxxxxxxx9f538f...) but it ends up in an error. 

I observed that when enrolling via the user portal, the above URL is the same but it comes with an access token at the end (ms-device-enrollment:?mode=mdm&username=JumpCloud@agent.enrolled&servername=https://xxxxxxxxxx9f538f...)

Is it possible to do this or does it only have to be via the user portal? It would have been easy if we could send a link to the user to do it by themselves instead of logging into the user portal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

urvashi
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @anuradhaonline just got confirmation that the only way to enroll via deep link is to use the user portal. But we have plenty of enrollment options for windows so I hope you're able to find the best fit for your use case. Let me know if you have any other questions. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

urvashi
Community Manager

Hello! Let me check on this and get back to you with more information ๐Ÿ™‚

urvashi
Community Manager

Hi anuradhaonline, I'm still looking into this, but in the meantime have you had a chance to look at our new Auto Enrollment process for Windows? Would this work for you? 

https://jumpcloud.com/support/get-started-windows-mdm

urvashi
Community Manager

Hi @anuradhaonline just got confirmation that the only way to enroll via deep link is to use the user portal. But we have plenty of enrollment options for windows so I hope you're able to find the best fit for your use case. Let me know if you have any other questions. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

anuradhaonline
Novitiate II

Thank you for the reply @urvashi ๐Ÿ™‚ Actually I have been using auto enrollment for Windows and it works perfect. But there were some devices that were not enrolled through auto enrollment. Upon checking the event viewer and registry, I found out that it was unsuccessful for some unknown reason. That's why I started looking into enrollment via user portal and discovered above information.

I assume the reason why it doesn't work without user portal is because Jumpcloud MDM server doesn't allow to enroll the device via deep link without an access token and a valid user. ๐Ÿค”

Since you have mentioned that there are plenty of options, what other options do you have apart from these two?

Hi @anuradhaonline sorry I was mistaken. The other options mentioned are to install the jumpcloud agent on the device which doesn't have all the management capabilities of enrollment ๐Ÿ™‚ So you're on the best track as it is! 

Glad to hear that auto enrollment is working well! And, yes, there are several pieces of information that are unique to each enrollment, which is why the user portal is a required part of the enrollment process.

Thank you @urvashi ๐Ÿ˜Š