cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Getting Started Pains

eugenevr
Novitiate I

So I signed up for a (free) account to evaluate and test the platform, but am being pressured by an account executive to connect in order to "verify" (something?) after which my account will be activated. Sad to see that Jumpcloud has introduced a "sales paywall" even though I have clearly communicated that a) I need fewer than 10 users and b) have watched the introductory Youtube videos and read through the implementation guide. 

Does every new/potential customer have to go through this rather archaic process?

3 REPLIES 3

BScott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @eugenevr thanks for posting your feedback. We'll pass it along to the right folks internally. I'm sorry to hear that you're frustrated with the process. It should only take a few minutes to verify your info and get you activatedโ€”if there are any issues with connecting with someone, please let us know.

Like someone's post? Give them a kudo!
Did someone's answer help you? Please mark it as a solution.

eugenevr
Novitiate I

Thanks for the prompt response. I have scheduled a "connection" session with one of the account executives; the first available session was this coming Monday. I suppose I can wait until then. BTW I don't think the on-boarding process is fine-tuned yet. 

When I initially went to https://jumpcloud.com/get-started I (almost) immediately received the below email, which creates the impression that all is ready for me to start, which clearly is not he case. On the /get-started page there is mention of validation, but I would expect the intro-email to align with that in some way. 
----------------

Hi Eugene,

Welcome to the JumpCloud Open Directory Platform! Ready to experience what all-in-one identity, access, and device management can do for you? Hereโ€™s the most common way to get started:

1. Log in and create a user.

2. Add a device to manage.

3. Bind the user to the device. (JumpCloud can provision new accounts or take over existing accounts.)

You'll now have full control over the machine and start to see device telemetry โ€” users, applications, security settings, etc.

If you have questions as you explore the platform, remember you have access to Premium Support โ€” 24x7 for your first 10 days. Chat with us live from the lower-right corner of the Admin Console or email support@jumpcloud.com.

Or if youโ€™d rather explore on your own, browse the topics on the JumpCloud Help Center and check out the tips on the JumpCloud YouTube channel.

BScott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@eugenevr that email did go out by mistake to a few people during the window in which you signed up. Apologies for that and it not being clear about next steps. The onboarding call helps make sure you have the right info to get you set up for success. Thank you for pointing out the error and letting us know. It did get corrected, and I hope your call went well on Monday!

Like someone's post? Give them a kudo!
Did someone's answer help you? Please mark it as a solution.