cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JumpCloud Betas

JCDavid
Iron I
Iron I

We’re seeking your engagement in several beta programs that will introduce significant new capabilities that will greatly enhance what you’ll get out of JumpCloud. You’ll be able to consolidate your IT workflows to make better use of your time. They include JumpCloud’s upcoming asset directory, Remote Assist (it does exactly what it says), and revamped admin mobile app. Our community will serve as a sounding board for your feedback and ideas. Your contributions will generate improvements to JumpCloud that you’ll have genuine input into. Our team will monitor this thread to get you started.

JumpCloud recognizes how growth is an inflection point in how IT is managed, from the user identity lifecycle through device management, and reporting. We’ve begun adding new enhancements that translate into greater usability for admins and users, as well as scaling IT and making your operations more seamless. Ultimately, you’ll have a greater understanding of what’s happening across your organization, which builds a strong foundation for your team to accomplish more than ever.

I'm personally excited about these betas, because as a former IT director, several of these features were separate invoices and products that didn't "talk to each other". Scaling IT and consolidating your admin tools is important as you grow. My company was acquired, and one of the most burdensome tasks during the "transition services" was tracking assets, licenses, and supply chain. I can only imagine the time I could have saved (and allocated to more important things) if administrative tasks to manage all of my tools wasn't such a burden. I hope that these new features will make your life easier and more productive.

These betas are among the first deliverables that will ultimately allow JumpCloud to become a platform of orchestrations and automations, with triggers for events that matter to you. Here's a sneak peak at the first round of betas:

Asset Directory

A single pane of glass and source of truth for all Assets that IT Admins care about.

Import Assets via CSV and View list of devices

• Add asset attributes from device details page
  • Add custom asset attributes to devices
  • Import list of devices as assets via CSV file
  • View consolidated list of JC managed and unmanaged devices

unnamed.png

unnamed (1).png

Remote Assist

• Live Assist mode allows end user to work with support team in real time
  • End user enters a unique Session Key for security and privacy
  • End user shares desktop and grants control over mouse & `keyboard
  • Support admin is able to run command line, etc to troubleshoot system

Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 12.30.30 PM.png

Mobile App for Admins

Admins can access their JumpCloud environment through a completely new JumpCloud mobile app.

unnamed (3).png 

unnamed (2).png

Communicate with Us

We take customer feedback very seriously and your needs dictate our roadmaps. Emails and communications from platform are read by and responded by our CEO (Raj) every day. Additionally, product managers have full visibility into every feature request from the portal and read them daily. We always want to ensure that we're solving problems for you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ben_Garrison
JumpCloud Alumni
JumpCloud Alumni

Beta Signup Process

To gain access to the betas you will need to send an email to community@jumpcloud.com

In that email, please include the following:

Company Name
Organization ID

This will be reviewed and product will update account flags in one batch instead of multiple submissions.

Understand, that by volunteering, you are stating you are willing to participate. There are limited seats for each beta. And not every account will be able to use every beta. For instance, if you don't have device management, you can't use Remote Assist.

The Product Manager will reach out to you to gather more information as betas become available. You may be asked to fill out more information at that time! 

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46

NVergin
Rising Star II

It would be nice if there was an easy way to know what betas are upcoming, what betas are currently active, and give admins an easy way to request access to them.

Hello,

This thread is one channel to express interest in becoming an external tester. I'm chatting with the product team and will follow up with any additional info per your request. Thanks for the question.

-d

NVergin
Rising Star II

Then I would like to officially express my interest in doing so.  😉

BScott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Sweet! Is there any 1 in particular or are you raising your hand for all 3?

Like someone's post? Give them a kudo!
Did someone's answer help you? Please mark it as a solution.

Primarily Remote Assist and Mobile Admin App.

I would be happy to look at Asset Directory as well and provide feedback on that if you need it.  However, having that functionality included within JumpCloud is not something I see as a priority for us as an organization so I'm not likely in the target audience.

It's officially really great to have you here.

chadrick
Novitiate III

This is fantastic news! I was just talking with one of our engineers yesterday, asking them if there was a remote support functionality in JumpCloud that I was somehow overlooking. A proper mobile app will be a nice convenience as well but I'm super stoked to take a run at remote support. One less app to open and closer to a single pane of fun and efficiencies. 

racreate
Novitiate I

This is awesome! I'm so excited that jump cloud is testing a remote assist functionality. Would love to be part of the bata! 

BScott
Community Manager

Hey, @racreate can you email me with your work email that's associated with your JumpCloud account, please? community@jumpcloud.com will work fine.

dagryph
Novitiate III

Hi there! May I request access to all betas please? 😄

Emailed work account to community@

BScott
Community Manager
Thanks! That's perfect. 🙂

MikeHill
Novitiate I

Hi, definitely interested in all three, please!

elior
Novitiate I

Great news!

The Remote Assist and Asset Directory features both came up in the last FIreside chat I participated in. That's amazing to see how you take feedback and input from the community and users and implement it.

My organization would like to take part in all betas! The remote assist option will rock my helpdesk team's world 😎

Thanks!

TRK
Novitiate II

Hi
Interested in helping out with the Asset Directory testing.
Great initiative asking for beta testers 👍

CFaust
Novitiate II

I'd be interested in all three of these betas. Looking great!

steven
Rising Star III

omg sign me up for remote assist and the mobile app all three please

kelly
Novitiate III

(insert Horshack OOH! OOH! gif here)

Yes please sign me up for all the beta things! I am not afraid to break things or tell you they're broken. Right now we don't have a ton of users in JC but I do spend time in the MSP multi-tenant portal and doing so from my phone would be great. I very much want to try out the remote access as well. 

BScott
Community Manager

Bonus points for for the Horshack reference. 😂

krichard
Novitiate III

I would like to express interest in the three betas.

chhetriabi
Novitiate II

Please count me in for these Beta's please !!

Esp looking forward to Asset Management and Remote Assist !

BScott
Community Manager

@chhetriabi can you please send me your work email that you use for your JumpCloud account? Thank you.

sure thing !! an email with JJ cc'd will now be on the way. thank you

@BScott actually, just realised I don't have your email but, I have changed mine to work email for my community account.
Thanks so much and let me know if you need any further info. 

BScott
Community Manager
Oh sorry! I had put our community email elsewhere in the thread. I should have listed it for you. community@jumpcloud.com. But changing it in your profile works & that’s good enough.

iotx86
Novitiate I

@BScott @JCDavid I would love to be part of internal beta testing too

BScott
Community Manager

@iotx86 we've got you!

rlyons
Rising Star III

I sent my email to get added to all three betas as well.

Dariusnl1
Novitiate I

Would love to get access to these betas for my team!

lmcfadden
Novitiate II

Greetings, I'd like to participate in these 3 betas (and any future betas or EA items!). @BScott  @JCDavid 

Luke!
http://ifonly.solutions

BScott
Community Manager

We are tracking the signups, so thanks everyone! I believe the PMs are going to be reaching out soon if they haven't already.

Any updates?  We haven't heard anything yet.

Luke!
http://ifonly.solutions

BScott
Community Manager
Not yet. They are still collecting volunteers as far as I know. But I have a meeting on Monday to talk more about how we will manage signups going forward, so I will ask.

kenshep
Novitiate I

Hi David, it would be great to get access to these Beta's and provide feedback

kenshep
Novitiate I

Hi David, it would be great to get access to these Beta's and be able to provide feedback

dgp_orthofi
Novitiate I

Hi David, it would be great to get access to these Beta's and be able to provide feedback

roscoe_matthews
Novitiate I

Good afternoon David,

These are all features that my department have been hoping Jumpcloud would add in the future, we are especially excited to see the remote assistance option. We would love to participate in the beta testing and provide feedback if possible still. 

shawn
Novitiate I

Hi David, same here.  Would love to check out all three.  I would be particularly interested in the Asset Directory.  We have tried a couple, but have not found a winner yet.  Would be very interested to see what JumpCloud can offer with this.  Thanks!

jaggrey
Novitiate III

I'm interested in everything!  Email sent!