cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Disclaimer
JUMPCLOUD EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, AND LIABILITIES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE, SCRIPTS, REPOSITORIES, AND APIS. JUMPCLOUD IS NOT REQUIRED TO SUPPORT ANY SUCH THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS AND ALL RISKS RELATED TO THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. PLEASE ALSO REVIEW THE JUMPCLOUD TOS.

Auto Enroll Your Servers to JumpCloud - Linux Servers

shawnsong
Rising Star III
Rising Star III

Hi Folks,

Last week I posted a Terraform script to auto-deploy JumpCloud agent on the Windows servers, and it's only fair we spread the same love to Linux, right? 😉

Prerequisites

TL;DL -  Check out the new code in my repo.

• Ensure you have the latest version of Terraform installed. 
  • Setup Use profile based auth for the AWS Cli. If you're yet to configure JumpCloud SSO for AWS to facilitate this scenario,I highly recommend checking out this guide.

Outcome

I have tested the script on 3 of the most common distros: Ubuntu 22.04, REHL and AmazonLinux2, and they all worked perfectly. Feel free to pick a distro or add others in var.tf (starting at line 2).  Here is the list of JumpCloud support distro. 

Once you have fired up the instance, the output looks like this:shawnsong_0-1710748751131.pngshawnsong_2-1710748850041.png

Hostnames

Although I have pre-set the hostnames for these Linux instances (and they don't require reboot 😀), but you might have your own standard to follow - feel free to modify line 28 in "linux.tf". Or you can follow this guide to rename the device retrospectively via JumpCloud Command.

Enjoy!

0 REPLIES 0
You Might Like

New to the site? Take a look at these additional resources:

Community created scripts:

Our new Radical Admin blog:

Keep up with Product News:

Read our community guidelines

Ready to join us? You can register here.