cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO for the community forum

ncarmichael
Rising Star II

Given jumpclouds the king of SSO, why do we have to have a seperate username/password for this forum?

Also, the password reset box will take passwords over 20 characters long, and the login box...doesn't

EDIT: I have found the automatic login switch in my forum setting, but by then its too late, we'll already have created a username and password

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BScott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

We recently updated passwords to allow for longer strings. I'll check and see if a recent update broke the login box. Thank you for bringing that up.

Re: SSO

We made the choice to leave the forum open and separate so that non-customers can join the community and discuss IT admin-related issues without feeling obligated to sign up for a JumpCloud account. I didn't want to inflate account signups, although I realize this does make you have an additional account (apologies for that). I am hoping that down the road we'll be able to connect the 2 somehow while leaving it optional for anyone not currently using JumpCloud.

Like someone's post? Give them a kudo!
Did someone's answer help you? Please mark it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

BScott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

We recently updated passwords to allow for longer strings. I'll check and see if a recent update broke the login box. Thank you for bringing that up.

Re: SSO

We made the choice to leave the forum open and separate so that non-customers can join the community and discuss IT admin-related issues without feeling obligated to sign up for a JumpCloud account. I didn't want to inflate account signups, although I realize this does make you have an additional account (apologies for that). I am hoping that down the road we'll be able to connect the 2 somehow while leaving it optional for anyone not currently using JumpCloud.

"forum open and separate so that non-customers can join the community and discuss IT admin-related issues" then how about accepting 3rd party SSO such as Google, that way its "an even playing field" in that those of us syncing our ID to google from JC can login, and independant people can just login with another they already have

I'll take a look at it and consider it, but it's not planned at this time. To get launched, we went with the forum OOB for MVP. Happy to see what we can do in the future, though.