cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Film School (Off Topic)

kelly
Novitiate III

I assure you, whatever the topic is, this is OFF that topic. 😉

In the chat on The IT Hour recently, the subject of movies came up. Mostly in the context of "If you watch these movies from the 80s @urvashi, your coworkers will make a lot more sense." I said I'd post a list, and hopefully either Urvashi or @BeckyScott can find the ones mentioned in the live chat. I'll post a few here that I think came up in conversation. 

I believe this was to be an exchange, where Urvashi also recommends films for the uncultured heathens who have little to no experience with films from outside North America. 

Disclaimers: This is my own list of films I adore that I enjoy sharing with other people. It is in no particular order, I just started with the ones I think we name checked and went from there.

• Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
  • The Empire Strikes Back*
  • The Goonies
  • Stand By Me
  • Tapeheads**
  • The Princess Bride
  • The Blues Brothers
  • The Muppet Movie (I know it was 1979, it's my list and I'll allow it)
  • Say Anything
  • Pee-Wee's Big Adventure
  • The Breakfast Club
  • Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan*
  • Blade Runner
  • Alien
  • Aliens

Honorable mentions because I decided 15 movies was a long list but I wasn't quite done:

• 9 to 5
  • Karate Kid
  • Tombstone (one of my most favorites but it's not an 80s movie, it was 1993)
  • Pretty In Pink (I don't adore it but I have seen it a lot. We can discuss.)
  • Beetlejuice
  • Ghostbusters
  • Back to the Future

* I figure most people have seen these by now, but if you haven't and you're only going to watch one film from the series, this is the one to watch.

** I love this movie so much and most people haven't heard of it. I talk about it kind of a lot.

1 REPLY 1

urvashi
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Yay thank you!! I shall report back to this thread after watching each movie!  

My list of Indian movie recommendations are at the end of the show notes here: https://community.jumpcloud.com/t5/the-it-hour/it-hour-9-february-2024-it-in-the-news/m-p/4081

You Might Like

New to the site? Take a look at these additional resources:

Community created scripts

Keep up with Product News

Read our community guidelines

Ready to join us? You can register here.