cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Feature requests for forum?

chadrick
Novitiate III

I didn't see a spot for this so I figured The Lobby (soon to be The Watercooler no doubt) would be the best place to get one rolling.

I'd really like to have a collapse button in the conversation. It's rad when a conversation gets rolling but when two people are having a lovely chat about their favorite sourdough recipes it would be nice to be able to collapse that discussion so that it's easier to keep on reading the top-level replies.

Or does this exist, and I'm bad at the internet. Both is a valid answer.

13 REPLIES 13

BenGarrison
JumpCloud Alumni
JumpCloud Alumni

All I got was that you don't like sourdough.. And for that, I don't know how you and I can continue to have a working relationship lol. 

The system is ran by Khoros so we will have to check to see if that's something that can be developed. @BeckyScott is the mastermind behind all of that. 

So two feature requests, a place to put requests, and a collapse feature.. And he doesn't like sourdough.

Oh I'll go hard on some sourdough, I just buy it at the grocery store because making bread is much too high effort. ๐Ÿ™‚

I think I am proving your point here haha

The feature requests piece is easy, as we can create an ideas space for the
community down the road. For now, putting them here or emailing us is fine.
As the community grows we can formalize the process.

For collapsing threads, that could be done with some design customization,
as I don't believe that's out of the box. I'll check thoughโ€”if there's an
existing widget that supports it already I'll see if I can find it. For
the time being, we're trying to avoid heavy customizations due to the extra
testing / support involved each time we upgrade. (I've gotten stuck in that
trap before and I want to avoid getting into that early on if I can.) That
doesn't mean we won't do it EVER, just not immediately.

kelly
Novitiate III

I'd like to have a "compact" view, where I can see just the thread name, the place it's posted, and a timestamp of last activity. I did look through all the preferences and I couldn't find anything that gave me a different view. Then I could see many topics at once and click through to see who has a strong sourdough game. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Also a great feature! It's nice to have if you keep stuff like forums up on a portrait monitor. You can get a great overview when you can smush stuff down. Power scrolling. 

BScott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm planning to talk to Khoros about making the home feed based on last activity, which would make things sort based on most recent comment. Does that sound like what you're suggesting? Or would you be happy with just the time stamp reflecting that? 

I personally like to see a little snippet of the topic. I will check to see if there's a setting for compact layout, but I think it's most likely a global setting (all or nothing).

Like someone's post? Give them a kudo!
Did someone's answer help you? Please mark it as a solution.

Yes please see if they can do that with the home page! Currently, it's a bit tedious to find new or updated discussions. Unless I'm just totally overlooking it, as is tradition for me, I'm not sure where to see what people have been chatting about while I was sleeping.

BScott
Community Manager

@chadrick, will do. Also, you can subscribe to a board or even threads and get a daily digest with new stuff (or even as they come in) to keep up to date, too.

A snippet is also fine, I mostly just meant being able to see at a glance what's new or what's trending.

BScott
Community Manager

@chadrick I was looking at this again, and you might want to try setting your sort preferences to newest first under threaded (I'll paste a screen shot) or see if linear view with newest first makes it better or worse. No collapse yet, but I'm going to check into that after I try to get the most recent comments sorting on the home page.

BScott_0-1649799578599.png

Nice, thank you Becky! That's helpful stuff.

BScott
Community Manager

Most recent messages: this is a workaround while we're scoping the other things, but if you want to view all recent messages, you can go straight to this url for now: https://community.jumpcloud.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message