Did you mean: 

The IT Hour | 05.August.2022 Total Cost of Ownership

BScott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Community Update

Meetup Update

• Link to meetups: https://bit.ly/jcmeetup 
  • Have a suggestion for a location? Or know of a meetup that we should be sponsoring? Let us know.
  • Rebrand is almost ready.

Product Release

TCO Calculator demo

IT News

• Gaming Cyberattacks Increase by 167% in Last Year (it security guru)
    Research by cybersecurity firm Akamai shows that Cyberattacks in the gaming sector have increased by 167% in the last year. The report found that the US is the main target for attackers, followed by Switzerland, India, Japan, and the UK, alongside other European and Asian countries. The report also claimed that gaming is the industry hit most often by the distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks globally. Akamai estimate that the sector accounts for 35% of DDoS traffic worldwide.

• Microsoft boosts threat intelligence with new Defender programs (CSO)
    Drawing from last year's acquisition of RiskIQ, Microsoft is adding two new threat-intelligence applications to its Defender product family, and separately offering new detection and response capabilities for SAP ERP systems to its Sentinel SIEM (security information and event management) product.

• Amazon to acquire maker of Roomba vacuums for roughly $1.7 billion (CNBC via Hacker News)
    (I for one, welcome our new robot overlords)
    Amazon is acquiring iRobot for $61 a share in an all-cash deal that values the Roomba maker at $1.7 billion, the companies announced Friday.

• French Scientist's Photo of ‘Distant Star’ Was Actually Chorizo (via Hacker News)
    (Now this is an example of some World Class trolling)
    A photo tweeted by a famous French physicist supposedly of Proxima Centauri by the James Webb Space Telescope was actually a slice of chorizo. 

Like someone's post? Give them a kudo!
Did someone's answer help you? Please mark it as a solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BScott
Community Manager
Will ask, but closest for now is the google docs version, I think.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

BScott
Community Manager

I've edited the post above to include the Excel template and example file that @pamlefkowitz shared in the slack lounge. Examples has, well, example data and the template is blank for your data.

bgarrison
Novitiate II

This is a really cool calculator. Any plans to get this into a web version? I think that would be EPIC

BScott
Community Manager
Will ask, but closest for now is the google docs version, I think.

Thanks for suggesting more work Ben. I mean...uhh...great suggestion. The cool thing about these is that google sheets is web-based and Excel can be too! 😉

I know what you mean. That is not in the plan at the moment but it's a sweet idea and I'll make a note of it.

Put it behind some authentication for demand gen 😉 lol jk

BScott
Community Manager

And you say you're not a marketer.

You Might Like

New to the site? Take a look at these additional resources:

Community created scripts

Keep up with Product News

Read our community guidelines

Ready to join us? You can register here.