cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Signals Framework - SSF Config URL

ncarmichael
Rising Star II

I am trying to setup JC as the identity manager to "Apple Business Manager" there isn't a ready-made connector so am trying to use a custom one, I am stumped though as to what jumpclouds SSF Config URL (Shared Signals Framework)  is that Apple seems to require?

Google has failed me and I cannot find anything in JC's KB

4 REPLIES 4

avlevy2k
Novitiate I

I'm looking for the same information. Using Jumpcloud as IDP and trying to integrate with a new Apple Business Manager tenant to provide employees with Managed Apple IDs.

BlakeRichardson
Novitiate III

I am after the same information. While searching Google I found a post on Reddit where someone was trying to do the same thing with Okta and the conclusion was that Okta haven't released support for SFF with ABM and ASM yet. I suspect it's the same with Jumpcloud although it would be nice if they released some documentation rather than leaving customers hanging. 

BlakeRichardson
Novitiate III

I opened a support ticket and within 15 minutes I received this reply

" If I understand the issue correctly, you’re trying to setup JumpCloud IDP with Apple School Manager. Did I get that right? If not please let me know what I misunderstood.

Unfortunately, this is not an available feature at this time. I have submitted a Feature Request  on your behalf advocating for a new feature to setup JumpCloud IDP for Apple School Manager. " 

In our case it's just "Apple manager" as  I want to have "login with Apple" you find on websites work like the "login with Microsoft" and "login with Google" already does, it may well be there are other advantages to doing this too as we do have a few mac laptops and some of the staff have (personal) apple devices.

It's frustrating as I always saw back-end infrastructure as the core of what JC does but I hear more now about what they are doing with the front-end

You Might Like

New to the site? Take a look at these additional resources:

Community created scripts

Keep up with Product News

Read our community guidelines

Ready to join us? You can register here.