cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Printer access/security solutions in JumpCloud

htgrimmi
Novitiate I

Hello All,

I recently joined an organization running JumpCloud. One of the challenges I'm trying to solution in the organization is printer access and security. I don't see anything in JC and wanted to bounce this off the group.

What I'd like to do is restrict users to printers on their floor/suite (we have 4 suites across 3 floors and have the common problem with users not knowing where they print and jobs showing up on wrong printers/floors.  The printers are shared and all have the default factory name so users have no real indicator on where they should print. 

Was hoping to whip up a quick print server using a Win 11 host and hard key access/users on each unit but MS has clobbered printer sharing in 22h2.

Short of implementing AD, which is on my 24 roadmap. Am I missing anything in JC that could help?

What I have received approval for is to purchase a more business class printer on each floor that requires a user to key their code in to print, supports scan to email and of course changing the printer name to something logical when the Windows client finds it.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

urvashi
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

From what I see in our documentation you'll have to do some custom scripting via device commands and this powershell module and the equivalent bash commands for MacOS and Linux. I know this isn't a quick and easy answer but JumpCloud's Professional Services team can do the custom scripting for you. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

urvashi
Community Manager

Hi @htgrimmi I'm looking into this. I'll get back to you as soon as I have more information. 

urvashi
Community Manager

From what I see in our documentation you'll have to do some custom scripting via device commands and this powershell module and the equivalent bash commands for MacOS and Linux. I know this isn't a quick and easy answer but JumpCloud's Professional Services team can do the custom scripting for you.