Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

MSPs and Google Workspace

JC-ChrisTate
Rising Star III
Rising Star III

Hi Everyone,

For many years, working for different vendors, I've worked exclusively in Google Workspace. I think it's a great suite of products that lets me get the job done. I know small businesses that use it and large businesses that swear by it.

google.png

This all got me thinking - Why aren't more MSPs offering Google Workspace as part of their portfolio?

So - I had a think and wrote something down.

https://jumpcloud.com/blog/maps-hesitance-google-workspace

Let me know what you think..

Chris

2 REPLIES 2

JC-Com-NickV
Novitiate I

Hi Chris,

I'm right with you, a huge fan of GSuite, have been for years and specialized in it and macOS primarily for the past 10 yrs. Most of my clients at my former MSP were GSuite, it's why I was hired, to take care of all the GSuite clients no one else wanted.

But to answer your question of why - it primarily comes down to Outlook and it's integrated calendar / contacts. And Excel. Sure Google sheets is ok, but Excel is way more powerful. This is end user 'demand driven'. So MSP's have to respect and provide for that.

It leads to a knock on effect - MSP software providers - like Autotask / Datto / HaloPSA/Cloud Radial provide WAY more functionality and support for Microsoft products, becuase the user base is so much bigger. Until MSPs request more Google functionality in their MSP tooling, (like support for groups, pulling reports, audits etc - similar to what GatLabs provides) , it's not going to happen. Which is a lost revenue opportunity.

Lastly, I did get some success with GSuite, as myself, the CTO and Engineering head pitched a switch to GSuite for our internal use away from M365 - and we were successful! I'm on my own now and look for clients who are GSuite, so if you have any to pass on, I'd appreciate the referral!

Best,

Nick

Thanks Nick, you are 100% correct of course. In a previous role I moved from Outlook to Google for email and asked for an Outlook license to connect to it, but I never used it. I was totally sold on the web interface within minutes. Saying that, I know some serious workloads that are better suited to Excel than Sheets.

Personally I feel that Google Workspace is a great solution for MSPs to add to their portfolio but many are ignoring it.

New startups are certainly skewing towards Google over Microsoft also, so maybe MSPs mindsets will change when the market grows and the same goes for the vendors you discussed.

Thanks for your feedback.

Chris