cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you think about using AI like ChatGPT in your daily work?

BScott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Recently @JCDavid used ChatGPT to write a PowerShell script: Using PowerShell to Install a Printer ... using ChatGPT. Have you tried using AI solutions to help you solve a problem recently? Or maybe get past a blank page so you're not starting from scratch?

If you did, how did that go?

We talked on the most recent IT Hour | 24.February.2023 macOS and Chrome Browser Patch Management in our news segment about what can go horribly wrong. But what can go really well and do you have any examples from your work (or home lab)? 

Like someone's post? Give them a kudo!
Did someone's answer help you? Please mark it as a solution.

4 REPLIES 4

JCDavid
Iron I
Iron I

It's not machine learning, it's more so automation, but it can review massive volumes of published works and turn up some interesting results. It's given more some really great answers, but also some superficial ones. It's a tool, at this point in time, but it's also something that we as a society and culture really should get a grasp of sooner than later.

bgradidge
Novitiate I

I've definitely used it to great success to write quick curl based API calls to various platforms to update information

It saves a lot of time vs going through api documentation manually. It's definitely hit a working solution on the first try at an alarming rate. 

BScott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

That sounds like a great application for it to save you time, then. 

Like someone's post? Give them a kudo!
Did someone's answer help you? Please mark it as a solution.

JuergenKlaassen
Rising Star III
Rising Star III

From my experience so far, it's useful for:
- explaining code (like Powershell). Even used it once to explain code I wrote myself and didn't document properly at that time 😉
- guiding or hinting me towards a solution when writing scripts. I'd never blindly rely on for now as it's not reliable (and you need to validate it anyway).
- I used it a few times to summarize (tl;dr) text and it's pretty good at it, almost like speed-reading 

I played around with it as I wanted to query system information with natural language. 
Not perfect, but I think it's an feasible approach and doable if I would spend more time on it (waiting for another rainy weekend).