cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lobby Name

BenGarrison
JumpCloud Alumni
JumpCloud Alumni

As much as I love the name "The Lobby". It's unique, creative and inspiring all in one. I am also not known to be a sarcastic person, ever 🙂 haha

Anywhoo!!!  I was hoping that you the community, could help name this channel. 

Purpose:
We want to create a place for intros, random thoughts and things that don't fit into the general IT stuff that we work on everyday. Want to talk about how awesome the Witcher ? Or want to discuss Dungeons and Dragons? (slightly projecting)? This is the place to be! 

Challenge:
The community will come up with a fun name. Post your reply to this thread, with your suggestion of a channel name.  The most "Kudoed" reply will win. Also, the poster will receive some really nifty swag!

8 REPLIES 8

BenGarrison
JumpCloud Alumni
JumpCloud Alumni

My Entry:
The Reboot

BScott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I shall call it:

Unplugged

Like someone's post? Give them a kudo!
Did someone's answer help you? Please mark it as a solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

deleted

BScott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the suggestion! We did think about this, but it's also our Slack instance name and we're not sure if that will be confusing. So we'll see how others chime in on this one.

Like someone's post? Give them a kudo!
Did someone's answer help you? Please mark it as a solution.

BrettStone
Novitiate II

The Water Cooler -- where people meet to escape the pressures of high-tech and chat with friends.

I second this one. It's a channel/chat/forum name I've seen in almost every place I've worked. It's nearly an understood at this point that "The Water Cooler" is a casual discussion space that doesn't have to be work related and overly professional. Especially now in a remote world, I see Water Coolers popping up everywhere to try and keep people engaged. It's an excellent way to "tear down the silos" and get cross-team people connected and chatting. It's even better if it's a top-level with some sub-channels or sub-forums with specific categories like food, cars, video games, book club, etc.

As we grow, I could definitely see that as being a fantastic way of organizing things!

NVergin
Rising Star II

Clubhouse or Common Room