cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

JumpCloud Go Default Authentication Option on Windows

benstieber
Novitiate I

When password and Windows Hello PIN, are the only two things set up for authentication for the local JumpCloud managed profile, and you go to use JumpCloud Go in Chrome browser, it always defaults to the password option, never PIN. Even though the PIN is the default login option on the Windows login page itself. I can hit more options and PIN, input the PIN, and everything works normally. But it is laborious.

If you set up a biometric such as fingerprint or faceID, and one of those is selected as the default for Windows logon screen...then JumpCloud Go prompt will default to that option. As soon as you delete/remove those biometric methods from Windows though, and you are back on only password and PIN options, the same thing happens. JumpCloud Go goes right back to prompting for password by default only, never PIN.

2 REPLIES 2

urvashi
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @benstieber thank you for flagging this. I'll check about this internally and get back to you. 

urvashi
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @benstieber JumpCloud Go uses the built in Windows Auth options so unfortunately the UI that forces you to hit "more options" isn't something we can change on our end. ๐Ÿ˜ž