cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Disclaimer
JUMPCLOUD EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, AND LIABILITIES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE, SCRIPTS, REPOSITORIES, AND APIS. JUMPCLOUD IS NOT REQUIRED TO SUPPORT ANY SUCH THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS AND ALL RISKS RELATED TO THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. PLEASE ALSO REVIEW THE JUMPCLOUD TOS.

[PowerShell] BitLocker2Barcode - a script to acquire a BitLocker Recovery Key from JumpCloud and display as barcodes

JuergenKlaassen
Rising Star III
Rising Star III

Hi Community Folks

It's a week after the largest IT-meltdown in the history and I read in the morning that there are still more than 200K devices unrecovered. During this incident the IT Community came together and as usual, some people came up with with quick and creative solutions to remove burdens. One of this burdens is the acquisition of BitLocker Recovery Keys and get them on the target system to unlock the disk. 
Robert Woltz and his team came up with this neat approach to use a Barcode Scanner and make the lookup and entry easier - see their post on LinkedIn here.

I took the liberty and adjusted/rewrote the script to be able to acquire the recovery key from JumpCloud if needed. 

You can find this version on my GitHub
In execution it looks like this: 
SCR-20240726-pzfj.png

SCR-20240726-pzjr.png

SCR-20240726-pzng.png

Please not that each barcode represents one segment of the recovery key. Cramping the entire recovery key into a single barcode is not feasible. 

Wishing everyone a great weekend without getting surprised again!
-Juergen

0 REPLIES 0
You Might Like

New to the site? Take a look at these additional resources:

Community created scripts:

Our new Radical Admin blog:

Keep up with Product News:

Read our community guidelines

Ready to join us? You can register here.