The usual warnings and advisements:
This is a framework for a confidentiality agreement. We are sharing this as a starting point / template. It does not constitute legal advice. Please have your lawyer/legal counsel review any legal documents before signing or entering into any agreement.
FRAMEWORK FOR CONFIDENTIALITY AND NON-CIRCUMVENTION AGREEMENT
THIS AGREEMENT is made this ______ day of ___________________, 20___, by and between _____<your name or company>______, a(n) ____<State>_____ Corporation having its principal place of business at _________<city, state, zip>___________ (“Company”) and ____________________________________________, having its principal place of business at ________________________________________ (“Contractor”), collectively known as the “parties”.
<Describe here the purpose of this agreement>
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the foregoing and other good and valuable consideration received, it is hereby agreed as follows:
1. In this section, you should define what is confidential information.
2. This section should include your exclusions.
3. This section should describe how the other party can use the confidential information and how they should protect it.
4. Here you should describe who the third party beneficiaries are of any confidential information. 5. Who owns the information and how/when it should get returned.
6. Include any other miscellaneous items your and your attorney agree on here.
7. Rights of merger and/or survival of obligations go in this section.
8. Does this agreement bind anyone else?
9. What state’s law will this agreement be bound to?
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed the Agreement by their duly authorized representatives on the date first set forth above.
This is where your signatures go. This is where the other party’s signatures go.