cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

MacOS managed software

bdoozer
Novitiate I

Hi there,

Relatively new to JC and working out best practices for managed software with MacOS.

We have a secure AWS bucket with public access for files and have verified that the uploaded .pkg files are working but have had no success in getting them installed on our Mac machines.

Is this due to security in place not allowing installation of apps from unknown developers because of using the public link? Curious if anyone has any tips they're able to share.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

urvashi
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello! ๐Ÿ™‚ 

I'd love to try and help with this. How are these machines accessing that link right now? Also have you tried pushing the app directly from the admin console to the devices? 

Let me know and we'll see what we can do. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Urvashi,

After doing a bit of reading it seems it may be to do with the fact that the .pkg file has been created by us but isn't currently seen as a trusted application because it hasn't been signed off with Xcode and a developer account. It can still be installed locally on a Mac so would this be the case that it can't be installed via MDM?

urvashi
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello hello, from what I see here: https://jumpcloud.com/support/software-management-macos it looks like the packages do have to be signed by a developer account/xcode to be installed via MDM. So that's probably what the issue is.