cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claris Filemaker Pro OIDC connection...anyone done this?

aidanbowen
Novitiate I

Hey,

I am keen to hear from anyone who might have successfully implemented a Custom OIDC application to allow Claris Filemaker Pro to leverage Jumpcloud SSO features for user auth. 

My organisation has deployed JC for just over a year or so and use it extensively for authentication using RADIUS (WLAN, VPN) and LDAP (NAS/SMB). At the time of deployment, Jumpcloud didn't properly support OIDC and thus I went through the pain of trying to configure a SAML connection using OAuth. Whilst Filemaker supports OAuth, it isn't SAML compliant (unlike, say, our Fortigate) so I was kinda stuck. Then a whole lot of doo-doo hit the proverbial air change unit on our core ERP and the project was shelved.

We are now revisiting this and I am keen to learn how to do it. 

Do I, for example, still have to configure Google Cloud to allow a custom app to authenticate? Or, does Jumpcloud's OIDC implementation just handle this by nature of the Cloud Directory bind we have in place (as it does for RADIUS and LDAP).

Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction?

Many thanks,

A Bowen

1 REPLY 1

aidanbowen
Novitiate I

@atoudam,

@jlgtx

@atoudam 

I see you have both asked related issues regarding Filemaker and MacOS support. Have either of you attempted this?

You Might Like

New to the site? Take a look at these additional resources:

Community created scripts

Keep up with Product News

Read our community guidelines

Ready to join us? You can register here.