cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

device security apps

deano
Novitiate II

Hi, 

Just trying out JumpCloud, working well so far. Only issue we have so far is struggling to find anything within the portal to restrict users installing software from the internet. Eg firefox, putty can run directly from Downloads. 

How are people configuring security / restrictions on JumpCloud connected devices ?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

urvashi
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @deano what devices/operating systems are you looking to do this for? 

Hi,

This would be for Windows 11 Pro devices.

urvashi
Community Manager

Hi @deano I'm looking into this. I'll get back to you as soon as I have more information. 

In the meantime here are some of the options available for the available software restriction options for Windows:

Thanks, I'll take a look.

urvashi
Community Manager

Hi @deano per our documentation 

Software Restriction Policies were deprecated beginning with Windows 10 build 1803 as well as Windows Server 2019 and later. For more information, see Microsoft's documentation. For Windows devices, you can add a Software Restrictions Policy to specify locations where applications can run.

I checked internally and because of this limitation, aside from the links I shared earlier, the only other options are to

1. look for Content/Web Filtering solutions
  2. demote users to standard (non-admin) users who can download installers but not be able to run the installer. 

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Urvashi