cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tutorial Ideas

BenGarrison
JumpCloud Alumni
JumpCloud Alumni

I am working on creating a list of tutorials for things that are not specifically "JumpCloud" related. But more or less JumpCloud adjacent. For instance, one tutorial I was looking at was setting up a custom repo for software management. 

Let me know what you think and I will start working on those pronto!

5 REPLIES 5

RyanBailey
Novitiate III

Custom Repos for tighter Software Management is great! It's been on my list of things to take a crack at but keeps getting moved to the back burner. As far as possible future tutorials...

• Some generic API tips for reading docs and querying via Postman or other tools could be helpful based on the number of questions popping up in the Lounge.
  • Basic PowerShell stuff, importing modules, pipeline, etc. Maybe some PowerShell Games ala Advent of Code could be a fun activity on the forums? Nice practice for those with experience and good way to ramp up for newer users. Some forum badges for participation thresholds, swag unlocks at certain levels, etc.
  • I think you've posted about it in the past but some examples of automations (and how to approach them) using a platform like Make/Integromat, Zapier, n8n, Celigo, etc. Very helpful for folks looking to integrate JC with other systems and automate tasks that aren't native to the platform.

Hope some of that is helpful, will chime in if I think of anything else!

Hey thanks Ryan, 

Interestingly enough, I had actually started the Postman video haha. Even have the thumbnail, watch out!

Custom Repo tutorial gets a +998 from me.

Right now, we're using Munki for our Macs for the software that isn't in VPP (and that's most of it ๐Ÿ˜• ) and I'd like to migrate from it. Windows is easy enough if you have access to an .msi or it's in Chocholatey in the case of JumpCloud.

BenGarrison
JumpCloud Alumni
JumpCloud Alumni

Yeah have just uploaded a video using postman to leverage the JumpCloud API! Let me know what you think 

twadbrook
Novitiate II

A tutorial on custom repos would be very helpful to this brand new Jumpcloud user.

Thanks,
Tom

You Might Like

New to the site? Take a look at these additional resources:

Community created scripts

Keep up with Product News

Read our community guidelines

Ready to join us? You can register here.