cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JumpCloud Betas

JCDavid
Iron I
Iron I

We’re seeking your engagement in several beta programs that will introduce significant new capabilities that will greatly enhance what you’ll get out of JumpCloud. You’ll be able to consolidate your IT workflows to make better use of your time. They include JumpCloud’s upcoming asset directory, Remote Assist (it does exactly what it says), and revamped admin mobile app. Our community will serve as a sounding board for your feedback and ideas. Your contributions will generate improvements to JumpCloud that you’ll have genuine input into. Our team will monitor this thread to get you started.

JumpCloud recognizes how growth is an inflection point in how IT is managed, from the user identity lifecycle through device management, and reporting. We’ve begun adding new enhancements that translate into greater usability for admins and users, as well as scaling IT and making your operations more seamless. Ultimately, you’ll have a greater understanding of what’s happening across your organization, which builds a strong foundation for your team to accomplish more than ever.

I'm personally excited about these betas, because as a former IT director, several of these features were separate invoices and products that didn't "talk to each other". Scaling IT and consolidating your admin tools is important as you grow. My company was acquired, and one of the most burdensome tasks during the "transition services" was tracking assets, licenses, and supply chain. I can only imagine the time I could have saved (and allocated to more important things) if administrative tasks to manage all of my tools wasn't such a burden. I hope that these new features will make your life easier and more productive.

These betas are among the first deliverables that will ultimately allow JumpCloud to become a platform of orchestrations and automations, with triggers for events that matter to you. Here's a sneak peak at the first round of betas:

Asset Directory

A single pane of glass and source of truth for all Assets that IT Admins care about.

Import Assets via CSV and View list of devices

• Add asset attributes from device details page
  • Add custom asset attributes to devices
  • Import list of devices as assets via CSV file
  • View consolidated list of JC managed and unmanaged devices

unnamed.png

unnamed (1).png

Remote Assist

• Live Assist mode allows end user to work with support team in real time
  • End user enters a unique Session Key for security and privacy
  • End user shares desktop and grants control over mouse & `keyboard
  • Support admin is able to run command line, etc to troubleshoot system

Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 12.30.30 PM.png

Mobile App for Admins

Admins can access their JumpCloud environment through a completely new JumpCloud mobile app.

unnamed (3).png 

unnamed (2).png

Communicate with Us

We take customer feedback very seriously and your needs dictate our roadmaps. Emails and communications from platform are read by and responded by our CEO (Raj) every day. Additionally, product managers have full visibility into every feature request from the portal and read them daily. We always want to ensure that we're solving problems for you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ben_Garrison
JumpCloud Alumni
JumpCloud Alumni

Beta Signup Process

To gain access to the betas you will need to send an email to community@jumpcloud.com

In that email, please include the following:

Company Name
Organization ID

This will be reviewed and product will update account flags in one batch instead of multiple submissions.

Understand, that by volunteering, you are stating you are willing to participate. There are limited seats for each beta. And not every account will be able to use every beta. For instance, if you don't have device management, you can't use Remote Assist.

The Product Manager will reach out to you to gather more information as betas become available. You may be asked to fill out more information at that time! 

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46

Shehwar
Novitiate II

Hi, I'm interested in all 3 of them. Please sign us up.

edan
Novitiate I

Interested in all three betas.

Ben_Garrison
JumpCloud Alumni
JumpCloud Alumni

Beta Signup Process

To gain access to the betas you will need to send an email to community@jumpcloud.com

In that email, please include the following:

Company Name
Organization ID

This will be reviewed and product will update account flags in one batch instead of multiple submissions.

Understand, that by volunteering, you are stating you are willing to participate. There are limited seats for each beta. And not every account will be able to use every beta. For instance, if you don't have device management, you can't use Remote Assist.

The Product Manager will reach out to you to gather more information as betas become available. You may be asked to fill out more information at that time! 

If you see that I've given your reply a kudo, that means I've captured it on our list. For now we're taking note of who is raising their hand and for what beta. There's more to come in relation to formally signing you up and getting consent, but this a new way for us to gauge interest. We'll be refining the process to make it go more smoothly and we thank you for your patience. You can still raise your hand while the thread is open. Once we close comments that means the time for volunteering has come to an end. Don't fret! There will be more.

Like someone's post? Give them a kudo!
Did someone's answer help you? Please mark it as a solution.

chase
JumpCloud Employee
JumpCloud Employee

Hi all!

I just wanted to send a quick note in terms of timing for the betas you see listed here. Given the different product teams, these will be kicking off at different times throughout the quarter. For everyone who has emailed community@jumpcloud.com you will be notified when the Beta(s) you've requested will be starting, more information on what's to be expected, and any additional JumpCloud information the team needs from you before we turn on the functionality.  If you have any questions or have not been reached out to individually, please let me know!

Hi Chase, just reaching out to see if there is an update regarding these beta products. I emailed to express interest a few weeks back, but nothing since then. I am interested in all 3, specially the asset management and remote assist. We as a business were actually in the market to start looking for those. But, if we have the features built in JC and it ticks all the boxes we need, we can wait. But, would like to try the beta to see first. Thanks in advance.
Rony Anwar

chase
JumpCloud Employee
JumpCloud Employee

Hi Rony!

Yes we will be sending out a broader update for each of the scheduled betas with new timing here shortly, stay tuned!