cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

JumpCloud Agent and Exam Proctoring Software

BraveSirRobin
Novitiate I

The other day I took an online certification exam which was proctored by psiexam.com. The exam requires that you download a secure browser. Unfortunately, during the install, it complained that the JumpCloud agent was forbidden software (I was taking the exam on my Mac) and the only way I could proceed was to uninstall the agent (I can see why they want you to log in 30 minutes early now).

This is just a suggestion but it might be a good idea for JumpCloud to contact these online exam providers and get the agents whitelisted. As more companies sign up with JumpCloud, more people could be bitten by this issue esp. as certifications are now such a big deal.  Luckily, I had permissions to uninstall the agent on my Mac, but many people won't have that permission or ability in which case they'd forfeit the exam and the entry fees are not cheap. 

2 REPLIES 2

bgarrison
Novitiate II

What I did at a previous company was set up an AWS Workspace for this very thing. Or set up a new profile that doesn't have the JC agent on it. Not sure what the path or workload would be for getting the JCAgent whitelisted on the numerous proctoring sites.

Good seeing you. I'll flag this internally.