Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing New JumpCloud Linux Policies

Joranna_Ng
Rising Star I
Rising Star I

Hi JumpCloud Community!
I'm the Sr Product Marketing Manager for the Devices team. I'm excited to share
 and introduce four new JumpCloud policies to help your organization manage and secure your deployed Linux endpoints more efficiently, while improving your overall security posture. These new policies are applicable to all JumpCloud-supported Linux Distributions.

Joranna_Ng_0-1657235063094.png

Key Capabilities

• Partition Options: Check partition and mount options. Directories that are used for system-wide functions can be further protected by placing them on separate partitions. 
  • File Ownership and Permissions: Secure system files for Linux systems.
  • Network Parameters: Enhance a system’s network security by setting kernel parameters for IP forwarding, packet routing, Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) requests, path filtering, and Transmission Control Protocol Sync (TCP SYN) cookies.
  • Disable Unused Filesystems: Prevent an unauthorized user from introducing data into or extracting data from a system. An admin can now determine if a filesystem type isn’t necessary and disable it.

Learn more from my latest blog.

3 REPLIES 3

BScott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Really excited to see this. Thank you for posting this, Joranna.

Like someone's post? Give them a kudo!
Did someone's answer help you? Please mark it as a solution.

JCDavid
Iron II
Iron II

so cool and so important. I had a few linux devices and our idea of management was for me to have admin credentials, EDR, and monitoring via SIEM. active directory didn't cover it w/ policies and other did manageengine desktop central for patching. *any* device that access an important IT resource/asset should be managed. otherwise, what's the point?

BScott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@Joranna_Ng would love to see an update with the 2 newest policies! 🙂

Like someone's post? Give them a kudo!
Did someone's answer help you? Please mark it as a solution.