cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To: Using Postman to Test JumpCloud API

BenGarrison
JumpCloud Alumni
JumpCloud Alumni

We are going to start off really slow here and get people ramped up. And of course, take suggestions from you all on where it should go. Think of it like Dungeons and Dragons for IT admins! Wherever you want to go is where I will take it. 

We start our journey in the land of user management. Our IT admin will create a new user and also delete users using the JumpCloud API. After attuning to their magical Postman artifact, they received the "Aura of Automation". This Aura, allows the IT admin to accomplish any automation and maximize the coffee to day ratio. 🤣

2 REPLIES 2

JacobLawson
Novitiate III

Thanks for creating this! As someone new to automation this was a perfect starting place. My current goal is to figure out how to query directory insights for the event 'system_create.'  From there I want to pull the username, device name, and device os, then bind the user to device and put the device in an onboarding group dependent upon OS.  Then trigger our standard device setup scripts to run.  Upon completion the script will remove the device from the onboarding group. 

Sounds like a lot of fun. Feel free to check out the support repository. They have some pretty col scripts that might help.

Also, once you finished that please feel free to post in our Repo as well. Would love to see that floating around for others to use.