cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for feedback on Parallels performance running x86 Windows on Apple Silicon

rlyons
Rising Star III

So, I have a need to run Windows 10/11 for some support/admin tools that are x86_64 Windows only. Currently I have an '18 Mac Mini running Parallels, but it's about time to pop for an M-series Mac for testing that will eventually become my desktop machine.

From what I've read, Parallels can run Win11 ARM, and it in turn can emulate x86. Question is, is the performance usable (my current machine ain't no barn burner, so top SPEED is not an issue). Is the performance difference between a Mac Mini and a Mac Studio for something like this, large enough to perhaps warrant buying a Studio Max?

Anyone else out there been in the same position?

3 REPLIES 3

BScott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@TomBridge would you mind reiterating what you said on the IT Hour here, por favor?

Like someone's post? Give them a kudo!
Did someone's answer help you? Please mark it as a solution.

llamadrama
Novitiate I

Realise this is quite old now and you may no longer require a response but anyway... I'm by no means a heavy Window user but like some others I need it for some specific tasks. I run Windows 11 ARM on my M1 MBP via Parallels and it works a treat. Unfortunately, Jumpcloud doesn't support Windows on ARM. I've installed the agent and the Win11ARM device appears in the console but that's about it. Such a shame.

BScott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Appreciate that feedback. You're welcome to submit it as a product improvement, if you haven't already.

Like someone's post? Give them a kudo!
Did someone's answer help you? Please mark it as a solution.