Software & Hardware
For hardware and software discussions (consolidated)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Does Azure Federation with JumpCloud is possible

Hi Community,I have a scenario that I would like to know if JC can address. Company uses Google Workspace and has 40 E3 licenses that are used by a small group of users.As for now, they have configured federation with GWS & Azure, but the problem is ...

Automatic Shutdown

This document details the "Automatic Shutdown" project, developed using a PowerShell script running on JumpCloud. The main objective is to automate system shutdown when a computer remains idle for a specific period.Target Audience:JumpCloud administr...

cali by Novitiate II
  • 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

Python logs output

Hi,I wonder if it is possible to get the output of the logs from the Command Result Details with API?I try to do it with Python but didn't find any way to get it.For example:send uname for a few devices. 

WWDC open thread

Interesting things coming out of WWDC this week. Are you watching? What are your thoughts so far? This is an open thread for discussions.

BScott by Community Manager
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrade Ubuntu to Lunar Lobster

Just a quick blurb: We're posted a helpful tutorial on how to upgrade Ubuntu to Lunar Lobster. The upgrade path is Ubuntu 22.04 to Ubuntu 23.04. Lunar Lobster is more productive, easier to manage, and optimized for gaming. I made a video to help w/ t...

JCDavid by Iron II
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Remote Assist - Usage & Frequency

Hi there!For those of you who are interested in or are currently using a remote assist solution, I’m curious and interested to find out:When would/do you use remote assist? (Eg, Onboarding a new hire, troubleshooting desktop problems, etc.)How often ...

M365 Login Window Flashing up After User Sync

I have a user who I just synced up to M365/Azure and throughout the day, a window the size of the M365 login window flashes up quickly then goes away. This is on a Mac Running Ventura 13.2.1. I have considered uninstalling the app and reinstalling, b...

maffrandj by Novitiate II
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

One user to multiple devices

Jumpcloud docs mentions how to take over an existing local account for a user that has one device, but say a user has two devices with two different local accounts. How can that one user be binded to both those local accounts on the two devices witho...

lee95 by Novitiate I
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Windows Policies: Manage Zoom with a Boom

Happy FridayAfter introducing our ( @shawnsong and myself) PowerShell-based Bulk-Importer for GPO's and Registry-Keys I wanted another validation and did choose Zoom in this case. Read here as well about the construction of this script. Zoom does pro...

Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 07.42.44.png Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 07.45.08.png Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 18.01.22.png Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 18.15.36.png

How to make a Custom Profile (Netskope)

Guys, how are you?If I may, I use S1 and all the procedures you posted here worked in my organization.But I'm having trouble deploying another custom PPPC to a platform called Netskope.I've already tried to modify the file above and also create a new...

engel by Novitiate I
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

IT Helpdesk Solutions

My old company used Spiceworks, which was getting long in the tooth. We had to maintain the server too. I've taken a look at the "magic quadrant", but colleagues told me that they've seen "really bad implementations" of some of the leading services. ...

JCDavid by Iron II
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Mabl & JumpCloud SSO - Custom SAML App Setup Guide

Configuring a Custom SAML App for JumpCloud SSO with MablWe recently added Mabl to our suite of Engineering Tools and wanted to get it configured to work with JumpCloud SSO.  The Mabl support team we were working with did not have experience in using...

mabl_logo.png Mabl SSO Connector.png
NVergin by Rising Star II
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

macOS Stage Manager

I've been a Mac user for years, but multitasking was lacking. Two displays were pretty much a necessity for me to work. Stage Manager has been very good (some getting used to) for cleaning my focus and getting more utility out of single screen device...

JCDavid by Iron II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dealing with Shadow IT

There were a bunch of old PCs in my QC lab, but we lacked a full accounting of software assets from the previous IT teams. It turned out that it was captured important (compliance related) information about products in FileMaker. There were no backup...

JCDavid by Iron II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macs and Antivirus

Do you still encounter people who say, "Macs don't need antivirus?" How do you respond to them? Every endpoint should have EDR installed, iOS notwithstanding. My favorite approach is to demonstrate risk and the cost/benefit of reducing it. Phishing a...

JCDavid by Iron II
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

I switched to Linux... Forever

Last week, I installed Ubuntu on my home gaming rig (specs below) while dual booting Windows 11. And I have been using it solely as my daily driver everyday for the last week. Well, I have to admit, I think I am finally totally hooked. What are your ...

New JumpCloud User

My team and I have been using Jumpcloud for a little bit. So far, so good. I'm a definite fan! My question is: What would you suggest as something that we lean into in order to maximize the experience for mac users in a hybrid windows active director...

SaaS Management Recommendations

Hello JumpCloud Community!Do any of you have recommendations for SaaS management platforms?  We currently use Freshservice as our primary ITSM tool which has a somewhat new SaaS management add-on offering available.  I trialed it but am not thrilled ...

NVergin by Rising Star II
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos