JumpCloud Product Discussions
Discuss our products, ask questions, get help from your peers
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Your inputs wanted on device health monitoring

Hi there! We're exploring the development of a device health monitoring and alerting solution. This tool would help you keep track of your device's performance, posture, potential issues, and provide alerts when attention is needed. I are super inter...

NeerajK by JumpCloud Employee
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Authenthicator

I lost my phone and now can't access JC because I can't set up the authenticator on the new phone. Can someone walk me through the process of adding JC to my authenticator app.  Thank you 

mcabrera by Novitiate I
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dynamic Groups Automation Using The API

Introduction Use the JumpCloud API to configure and update both static user and device groups to dynamic groups. Dynamic Groups are groups with attribute-driven rules that allow membership to be either fully automated, or require a review prior to th...

dwjohn by JumpCloud Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 7 kudos

Getting Started Pains

So I signed up for a (free) account to evaluate and test the platform, but am being pressured by an account executive to connect in order to "verify" (something?) after which my account will be activated. Sad to see that Jumpcloud has introduced a "s...

eugenevr by Novitiate I
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Password writeback/sync issues

I inherited a JumpCloud MDM and the #1 complaint from users is that resetting their password in JC does not sync it everywhere. We have two directory integrations, MS365 and on-prem AD. The on-prem AD integration seems to be broken, as my none of the...

koakd by Novitiate I
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

April ’23 JumpShot: Product Edition

April ’23 JumpShot: Product Edition JumpCloud is continuously improving how IT departments can achieve self-sustaining standards for cybersecurity and operations. This month’s JumpShot covers how foundational activities such as onboarding new employe...

JCDavid_0-1680813339057.png JCDavid_1-1680813339050.png JCDavid_2-1680813338987.png JCDavid_3-1680813338954.png
JCDavid by Iron I
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

ADMU Windows News and Interests Feed Breaks

I have recently migrated a dozen Windows 10 Pro machines off of AD using the ADMU.  On every single one of them the News and Interests Feeds broke, see image below.  I can reset edge and it works until the next logon.  I can also replace the associat...

News and Interests.png
LTI by Novitiate I
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

M365 user's fields

Hi everybody,I am using Jumpcloud since 2 months and I'm syncing JC users to M365.I have seen that the JC "Company" filed is not synced.....is there a change to create a sync also for this field ?And it should be also possible to add 2 more fields to...

February ʼ23 JumpShot

This month's JumpShot introduces soon-to-be released automations for entitlement management capabilities that streamline user lifecycle management while strengthening overall identity governance. Reporting has been enhanced to provide greater auditab...

JCDavid_0-1676037717414.png JCDavid_1-1676037717457.png JCDavid_2-1676037717426.png JCDavid_3-1676037717534.png
JCDavid by Iron I
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! SMS for MFA ?

I have had a user ask, why should I have to use a MFA app for Jumpcloud, why can't they do it by text/sms message like Microsoft or Google?What is the official answer?  

Automation on user groups

In our previous post, we discussed how users could be added or removed from a group based on  suggestions. This approach works well on groups that are used for admin privileges on a device or a custom role that needs to be provisioned for an applicat...

rnayakjc_0-1670529696141.png
rnayakjc by JumpCloud Alumni
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Benefits of group membership suggestions

Attribute-Driven Groups enable administrators to employ user attribute value conditions to govern the membership of user groups. ​​​​​This is instrumental in ensuring only the right users get authorized to a resource via being added to or removed fro...

BScott_0-1669924862029.jpeg
rnayakjc by JumpCloud Alumni
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

RESEARCH - We are re-visiting the navigation menus in JumpCloud (information architecture; IA). We want your insights!

We have created an asynchronous card sort activity that you can participate in at your leisure. The activity link can be found below along with an instructional video on how to complete the card sort. The goal of this activity is to understand how yo...

Random Lockouts

We've been having repeated issues with people getting locked out of their computers, except they haven't been trying to login.  In most cases they've tried to log into their computer once or twice then they get a message saying they've been locked ou...

jaggrey by Novitiate III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JumpCloud API with HR & Asset Management

I'm not sure how to start this, but I wanted to talk about what we're doing internally with HR & Asset Management, how it started, evolved, and where it is now. Hopefully this will spark a conversation about what you're doing and how you got there.Ba...

steven by Rising Star III
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos

Domain Migration Tools and ADI

It's always good to take a step back and listen to conversations that are happening among your peers. I lurked through Reddit's sysadmin forums yesterday to see what problems people are asking about. One thread had an excellent listing of tools that ...

JCDavid by Iron I
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos